Need a quick and easy yet healthy and tasty dinner? Whip up this pan-fried sea bass with miso, lemon, and thyme-glazed veggies and roasties. This fulfilling dish has a tangy touch, robust flavor, crunchy texture, and refreshing zing. While the miso and thyme add a depth of flavor, the roasties and veggies blissfully contrast the richness of the sea bass by providing a real crunch.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
● Sea bass filets, 2
● Peeled sweet potatoes, 2 (cut into chunks)
● Large carrot, 2 (cut into chunks)
● Large parsnips, 2 (cut into chunks)
● Crushed garlic clove, 1
● Melted coconut oil/vegetable oil, 2 tbsp. plus more for frying
● Sweet white miso, 2 tbsp.
● Lemon, 1 (juiced)
● Fresh Thyme, 1 handful
● Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper (as per taste)
● Preheat the oven to 400oF or 200oC.
● Mix the miso paste, melted coconut oil or vegetable oil, crushed garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir well.
● Take a roasting dish and lay all the veggies. Drizzle with miso glaze. Then give the veggies a good toss to coat them all evenly.
● Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Scatter the fresh thyme and add another small sprinkling of sea salt over them.
● Roast the prepared veggies in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
● When the veggies are almost ready, start preparing the sea bass. Score the skin of the filets 5-6 times each using a sharp knife.
● Season the fish filets with a little salt and pepper.
● Heat a little oil in a frying pan and place the sea bass filets skin side down. Fry the filets over medium heat until the skins turn crisp and brown. Then flip them over and cook for another two minutes to fry the other sides.
● Take out the fried sea bass filets on a paper towel to get rid of any excess oil. Take out the roasted veggies from the oven.
● For assembling, lay a generous helping of roasties and other veggies on the plate. Place one fried sea bass filet on the bed of veggies. Serve hot.